Saturday, October 27, 2012

World Series Game 3 Pregame Live Blog

Hey everybody.  Chilly night in Detroit.  I know the cold can affect pitcher's grips and their feel for the ball, but gotta think it will affect the hitters more.  One of Vogelsong's stocks in trade is his ability to bust the fastball in on the hands.  That will produce a great big ouch tonight.  What to you think?

If you haven't already seen it, my friend ogc is on fire over on his blog, ObsessiveGiantsCompulsive.  Great pregame analysis including some very interesting data on how different umpires may affect pitching performance.  Check it out!

Ugh!  Did they have to show Lasorda in that disgusting Skechers ad?  That's a shoe I definitely won't be buying!

Starting lineups.  Standard postseason lineup except The Hector inserted into the 8 hole as DH with Brandon Crawford hitting 9'th.  I probably would have put the free swinging Sanchez in the 7 hole followed by Crawford and the OBP guy Blanco hitting 9th in front of the top of the lineup, but that's a very minor quibble.

I could be misremembering, but I seem to recall the Giants doing fairly well in Comerica Park.  At least I don't seem to have any emotional scars from it.

Zooey Deschanel is OK, but she's singing that thing way too slow.  Whew, finally got through that!

A bit odd that the Tigers do better against RHP's as they are pretty strongly RH leaning in the lineup.  Bust 'em on the hands on a cold night, Vogey!

Sanchez better against LH batters which tells me the changeup is probably his best pitch.

OK, Game On!

No comments:

Post a Comment