Wednesday, November 16, 2016

DrB's 2017 Draft Board

To help organize the draft prospects we review into a draft ranking or draft board, I'm going to rank the prospects I've already reviewed and will start adding as we go along.  Here is what we have so far:

1.  Hunter Greene, RHP, HS
2.  Tanner Houck, RHP, College
3.  Alex Scherff, RHP, HS
4.  JB Bakauskas, RHP, College
5.  Jeren Kendall, OF, College
6.  JJ Schwarz, C, College
7.  Alex Faedo, RHP, College
8.  Tristan Beck, RHP, HS
9.  Hagan Danner, RHP, HS
10. Alejandro Toral, 1B, HS

This is my ranking of the 2017 draft prospects I have reviewed so far.  You can look up my summaries in the Archives listed to the left.

3 comments:

  1. Where do the Giants draft this year? (Assuming we don't' sign a Qualifying Offer FA where this year.)

    Also, if I remember right, you (or maybe it was Wrenzie) thought a lot of Brian Reynolds last year and I know most of the talking-heads people (Law, etc.) thought he'd go late 1st round last year only to drop to the Giants at 59. So, with that said, what kind of high-quality prospect that might be rated higher than our pick do you think might fall to the Giants?

    Also, thanks for the hard work. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giants are currently sitting with the 21'st overall pick. That could change if teams 11-20 sign any FA's with QO's and lose their pick. On the other hand, if the Giants were to sign a QO FA, they could drop out of the first round completely.

      As for who might drop to the Giants at #21. I would keep my eye on JB Bakauskas as teams may shy away from his relatively small size. He would be a bargain at #21 IMO. Also, JJ Schwarz could go #1 overall if he rebounds to a season like his freshman campaign. On the other hand, if his junior season is more like his sophomore season, I could see him falling and we know the Giants love to scoop up fallers like that.

      Delete
    2. I watched Bukauskas' highlight reels today. He has a real nasty slider. Made a lot of batter look really foolish. Needs to work on his FB control though.

      Delete