Sunday, April 10, 2016

Fantasy Focus: Savvy Vets Makes a Trade

My Savvy Vets fantasy baseball team completed a trade this morning sending out RHP Danny Santana and getting back SS Troy Tulowitzki.  Tulo is currently the #66 ranked player in Yahoo leagues while Santana is #83. It will take 2 days for the trade to complete as a 6/10 no vote by the league can block the trade.  I don't foresee that happening.  For analysis sake, here is my pre-trade roster:

C    JT Realmuto
1B  Paul Goldschmidt
2B  Joe Panik
3B  Mike Moustakas
SS   Addison Russell
IF  Brandon Belt
OF  Bryce Harper
OF  Justin Upton
OF  Carlos Gomez
UT  Billy Burns
UT  Steven Souza
SP  Stephen Strasburg
SP  Cole Hamels
SP  Garrett Richards
SP  Danny Santana
SP  Raisel Iglesias
RP Sean Doolittle
RP Roberto Osuna
RP Dellin Betances
P    Arodys Vizcaino
P    Ryan Madson
BN Marcus Stroman
BN Carlos Rodon
BN Aaron Sanchez
BN Cody Anderson
BN Vince Velasquez
DL Ben Revere

As you can see, my SP's are really deep but my offense after Harper and Goldy is weak.  I haven't decided yet just how to deploy Tulo.  I will probably just drop Russell.  He's really struggled so far this season and is stuck in the 8 hole of the Cubs' lineup.  On the other hand, I hate to give up on his upside. and could drop either Burns or Souza and put Tulo in a UT slot.  Other options to upgrade the UT slots  include 2B Johnathan Schoop or Denard Span who are both available on the FA market.  If I want to roll the dice on upside, Nomar Mazara got the callup today from the Rangers after Shin-Soo Choo went on the DL.  Not sure if Mazara might get sent back down when Choo comes off the DL, but if he plays up to his potential, he ain't going back down.  I like Burnsy for his SB's but he's splitting PT with Coco Crisp in Oakland.  In a relatively shallow league and with 4 out of 5 offensive categories being counting stats, your players have to be out there everyday.

As for Santana's SP slot, there are several solid options available on the FA market and I have my sights set on Jose Berrios who should be an early callup for the Twins.

2 comments:

  1. The seeming split of playing time between Burns and Crisp has me thinking I need to find an every day player to replace Burns on my team. I'm wondering what is going on there. I feel he is a solid contributor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno. I can't find any notes that Burnsy is hurt or anything. He's just not playing. Billy Beane seems to have a mancrush on Coco Crisp for some reason. He's probably ordered Melvin to play Crisp.

      Delete