Thursday, September 16, 2010

Down on the Farm: Cal League Championship Series Game 1

The San Jose Giants obliterated the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes 10-0:

Francisco Peguero- 2 for 5.
Johnny Monell- 2 for 5, HR, SB
Ehire Adrianza- 2 for 3, BB.
Drew Biery- 2 for 3, 2B, S.
Wendell Fairley- 1 for 3, BB.
Justin Fitzgerald- 7 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 9 K's.

Nice offensive contributions from several players. Fitzgerald has really elevated his game here at the end of the season. His stock is rising rapidly!

At this rate, Game 4 in RC on Sunday may not be necessary. That's the one I was planning to attend. I may have to try to find a way to get to Saturday's game. I get off work at 6:30 PM and the game starts at 7:00. Maybe I'll just have to arrive late, or something?

2 comments:

  1. i too was gonna go on sunday, with my bro and nephew

    looks like a sweep may be in the cards...bummer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a sweep would be a good thing, but......

    It probably won't be a sweep. I think the Giants sweep of the Nuts allowed them to re-set their rotation while the Quakes didn't have that luxury. I wonder if Joel Piniero is still rehabbing with the Quakes?

    ReplyDelete