Saturday, February 21, 2015

Scouting the 2015 Draft: Mike Nikorak

I don't know what the BA boys were smoking when they ranked Nikorak #38, but there is no way he is the #38 draft prospect for 2015.  Nikorak is a 6'5", 225 lb RHP out of Stroudsburg, PA HS.  He is long and lean, even at 225 lbs with tons of room to fill out and get stronger.  He throw easy heat up to 97 MPH from a high 3/4 delivery that produces a strong downhill plane.  He throws both a 4 seam and 2 seam fastball with a breaking ball that has the makings of a plus pitch and a changeup.  Go look up videos of this kid and get ready to drool.  Kiley McDaniel has him ranked at #19.  Personally I don't think he makes it out of the top 10, let alone top 15, but if he is there at #18, I would think the Giants have a hard time passing him up.  He definitely won't be there in the supplemental round.  The one rap is that his velocity has been inconsistent, but it looked real in the videos I saw.

1 comment:

  1. That's exactly how I felt when I watched his videos too DrB. I've got him going #14 in my just-released mock draft, but I too could see him jumping top 10 easy if he simply pitches like he can this year. That's a good looking young pitcher.

    ReplyDelete