Friday, March 8, 2019

Blogger's Note: RIP Minor League Ball

I finally threw in the towel on John Sickels and Minor League Ball.  Vox, who apparently owns SBNation, suddenly cancelled his contract to publish on their platform a few months ago.  Not sure why, but even though the site was still worth checking on, the quality of the content deteriorated for a long time before that, IMO.  John kept promising to post info on a new platform as a comment on his last post, but that kept being pushed back and at this point seems unlikely to happen so I am removing the link from the list of My Favorite Sites.  I've checked in on his Twitter feed a few times.  It seems to be writing a few posts for The Athletic, but it doesn't seem to be a full time gig.  I hope he lands a good gig and wish him the best.  My advice to him, for what it's worth, is to take a long look in the mirror and ask himself how badly he really wants to be blogging for a living.  My best memories of John Sickels are from when he was posting profiles of underrated prospects for ESPN.  I wish he would get back to that.

3 comments:

  1. From what I understand, he's publishing full time on The Athletic, I've read a number of articles he has written there, already. Will be way different from Minor League Ball, less outside discussions, mostly driven by him, I assume .

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is at the athletic. If you dont have a subscription, it’s well worth it.

    ReplyDelete