Saturday, August 10, 2013

Game Wrap 8/10/2013: Giants 3 Orioles 2

Hey team!  Great to be back.  Thanks for keeping the faith while I was away.  Had to hit the button on a few troublemaking posts, but most of the comments were great.  BTW, it takes me less than 5 seconds to hit the button on a troll post, so if you think the time you spend writing it is a good investment, hey, keep knocking yourself out!

Back to business!

The Giants resurgent pitching continued to shine today while the offense managed to score just enough runs for the W.  Key Lines:

Brandon Belt- 2 for 4, 2B.  BA= .272.  Belt now has a 6 game hit streak and is hitting .464 with 3 dingers in his last 10 games and has his season OPS back over .800.  BTW, I hope Belt ignores the terrible advice from Chris Davis to ignore coaching advice!  Chris Davis is one of the guys Belt needs to tune out!

Hunter Pence- 1 for 3, 2B.  Pence's double drove in 2 of the Giants 3 runs, all of which they scored in the 6'th inning.

Chad Gaudin- 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 6 K's.  ERA= 2.42.  Guadin did not pitch deep enough into the game to  get credit for a  QS, but new long man Moscoso kept to going long enough to make the 3 runs stand up.  The Giants rotation has taken shape for the remainder of the season:  Cain, Bumgarner, Timmy, Vogey and Gaudin.  If the Giants play their cards right, I could see that carrying over into next season with some of the kids being closer to being able to help out.

Guillermo Moscoso- 2 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K. ERA= 4.82.  Nice long job out of the pen for the newcomer.  I could see him thriving in this role.

Sergio Romo- 1 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 0 K, Save(28).  ERA= 2.91.  Romo has just one K in his last 5 appearances, but got the job done today.

Matt Cain faces Bud Norris, who ended up being traded from the 'Sros to the O's in the interleague series finale tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Good game. I like that the Giants have been competitive against some good AL East teams the past two weekends. I hope the pitching continues to do well and ends the season strong.

    Also, I'm glad to see Belt doing well. I hope the grip change really is a true turning point for the guy. So far, he's shown improved HR power. That HR last night was probably the biggest HR he's hit since 2011. I agree about ignoring Chris Davis. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was buttoned, I think. Sorry for losing my cool. Hardly a troll but it was a bit incinderary about the trolls. My bad.

    PiLamBear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it was not you, PiLamBear. If I delete a troll comment the Blogger program automatically deletes any responses to the original troll comment. I appreciate you defending the blog. I would rather delete the original offending comment along with the responses than leave it up.

      Delete
    2. The corollary is that if you see an obvious troll post, do not respond. I was away for a few days and that gave somebody an opening to keep their comments visible for awhile, but I generally check the blog several times per day and promptly delete troll posts.

      These people are starved for attention, or were at a critical point in their life. They have learned that negative attention is better than none and seek it out. Best way to discourage them is to ignore them and let me delete their comments.

      Delete
  3. Totally get it. I'm sure it was clear from my post I bleed orange and black and have done so for almost 40 years. Just got frustrated from short sighted fans who don't get the bus. But you're obviously right.

    Ps, thank you for this blog. Living in the hell of LA, I helps keep me sane.

    PiLamBear

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI, Bochy has named Zito the long man out of the bullpen.

    Glad to have you back!

    Yeah, could not believe the Chris Davis suggestion, but have to think his current success with changes will lead Belt to keep following Giants suggestions.

    ReplyDelete