Christian Koss hit an apparent game-winning home run leading off the bottom of the 8'th inning only to have it ruled a foul ball on instant replay. That allowed the Dodgers to break through for 4 runs in the top of the 10'th inning to complete a sweep of the final series of the season. Key Lines:
Maybe it's fitting to say Nothing To See Here. The Giants lineup managed just 5 singles and a walk while the pitching side was a bullpen game with Braxton Roxby's 1.2 innings the longest stint.
So the Giants awful, very bad, no good 2026 season comes to an end. This is an organization in need of a lot of soul searching. It should be an interesting offseason, likely complicated by a lockout starting in December.
As I have shared, the past year was extremely difficult for me on a personal level. Despite the Giants discouraging performance this season, the almost daily games and subsequent blog posts and banter in the comments gave me something to look forward to each day and provided structure to my life. Days with no game could get long and quiet. I will continue to find things to write about through the offseason and fill the gap with other interests and hobbies and a great circle of supportive friends and family but the end of the season brings another void to fill until it all starts again in the spring. I love everybody who reads and comments.....well, ALMOST everybody! You all help me keep going.
You give us so much, yours is the best, the first read of the day, You be the "Source"!
ReplyDeleteThanks for another great season of writing and sharing!
ReplyDeleteyou are greatly appreciated, Doc...I am an east coast Gs fan (inherited from my dad, a fan of the NY Ds) who suffered thru the 60's heartbreak which made the 2010, 12, 14 seasons so much fun (at least at the end...'10 and '14 , even '12 had some tough stretches)
ReplyDeleteDoc
ReplyDeleteThanks for all of your insight and hard work in maintaining such a comprehensive blog. The one silver lining going forward is Doval’s performance this weekend and Bo Davidson’s at bats. He certainly looks like a player.
Ed
I appreciate all you do DOC and I Still read every day, ..but stopped posting (and there was much rejoicing!) because I just wanted to keep my negative vibes away from the masses in what already was a painful year! ..I think there is a rosey future down the line for the Giants but Posey has a colossal undertaking this off-season....should be, um, interesting!
ReplyDeleteHas the AFL started yet this year?
SteveVA
Hi Doc. Since 2010 when I somehow stumbled onto your blog, I've been a devoted reader. I love your contents and insights. Please keep it up. Couldn't thank you enough.
ReplyDeleteThanks for another season of posts!
ReplyDeleteDoc, appreciate your great work and insights on your blog this season. Your blog posts gave me and other fans something to look forward to. Thank you! Enjoy the off season. I'll try to make my comments sensible, not too positve or negative. Hope Buster spends most of his off season capital improving the pitching staff, please.
ReplyDeleteLG, your posts are a must read also
DeleteDoc, you are a treasure of the Giants community. Know you have a devoted set of readers that respect your voice, even when we disagree! Eager for the offseason to get rolling and for 2027 to start already.
ReplyDelete- Fan
Hey Doc.
ReplyDeleteBeing from the UK we rarely get chance to see live games on TV let alone go to a game. I used to check into MLB first thing in a morning to see if we had won.
Now I don’t bother, I just come straight here for the review. Despite your difficult year, you have entertained us whether that be 50 miles or 5000 miles away so a huge thank you.
Stay busy and keep smiling. Roll on March for Spring Training. All the best. Matt