Friday, October 7, 2022

Blogger's Note

Thanks to everybody for all the kind words that poured in yesterday and a few more today.  I am grateful for all the folks who find the blog worth reading and even more worth commenting on.  I may take a few days to rest up and regroup but don't worry, you all know I can't not write about the Giants for long.  

We'll have our usual offseason topics:  Positional depth charts are always well received as well as news from the Hot Stove League when it gets started.  Then there is the Top 50 prospect countdown after the winter meetings.  I'm thinking about starting out with some minor league season reviews.  Still trying to figure out a format in my head but the Giants minor league system, while disappointing this season in some ways, is not the wasteland some have made it out to be and we'll somehow show that.  

6 comments:

  1. I just looked up how long its been since Ainsworth, Foppert, and Williams were in the minors... I've been reading you here on this blog post and what was it... another one before this for over 20 year???? Dang. Enjoy the many years of commentary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may be remembering discussions from the sfgiants.com Message Board. It was a great place to discuss Giants baseball until the trolls took over.

      Delete
    2. Remember Burglecutt? Those were the days...

      Delete
    3. I'd forgotten about Burgle. Bacci came over and posted comments here for awhile then disappeared. There was another dude who started posting about prospects before I did. I've forgotten his handle. I think he got a job with the Reno Aces and had to stop commenting due to work rules. It was a crazy wonderful fun community before the trolls took over.

      Delete
  2. I still lurk. Still not allowed to post, PH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking in. Haven't forgotten the great prospect conversations.

      Delete